Tuesday, May 16, 2006

This Is New

So, I just turned down a job that I would really have loved to have done... because the pay was so little. Now, for me, under normal past circumstances I would have taken the job, suffered and made excuses for THEM! But in talking to my family about the offer last evening my mom said something that struck home "That offer is insulting! You have more self worth than that, and if you take the position you are saying to yourself that you don't". Good point mom.

After I had mulled all night about what to say and how to say it I sent out my decline email (everything is done by email these days!) and when I hit send a little voice inside me said "Bravo, Daniela" I haven't heard that voice in a long time. It was really good to hear from it again.

2 comments:

demondoll said...

I echo,"Bravo!"
You are one of the smartest, most creative people I know, and deserve the best compensation packeage for all you offer. And it isn't just about "I deserve", it's also about your family's needs. At some point a low pay job doesn't help put food on the table, it becomes a trap.

Yella said...

You're right doll. That is it exactly, a trap.